We're fortunate to have dozens of Apple and Chromebook computers and tablets at Miraloma, used by students for projects in the classrooms and by faculty and staff for their daily work.
The day-to-day administration and upkeep of these computers is provided by parent volunteers and the teacher tech committee. This team operates on an as-needed basis and on certain projects in cooperation with the Building and Grounds, Web Committee & STEAM Committee and is always looking for computer savvy folks who can help with one or more of the following:
- basic configuration and troubleshooting of applications, particularly Firefox and Safari browsers and Microsoft Office applications,
- system configuration and troubleshooting; for example, network connectivity and printer configuration, and
- administration of the Mac OS X server supporting backups and other network-based services.
Specific projects we need help with include:
- setting up laptops with auction software on day of event
- soliciting donations of computer equipment
- recycling old equipment
- additional WiFi network setup
- school-wide software upgrades
All of this work can frequently be done outside of school hours.
Of course, we encourage parents to work with teachers on curriculum-specific technology projects as well.
Please contact email@example.com if you're planning such projects or are interested in volunteering.