|Check for STEAM news
on our website.
The STEAM committee is focused on maximizing our kids’ exposure to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM). A solid education in STEAM will be critically important in ensuring our kids remain competitive with what other children around the world are being taught. The STEAM committee helps to enhance STEAM education at Miraloma and provides the Miraloma community with a voice in how we address these issues and ensure that our kids are prepared.
- help to define & design the STEAM lab as part of the current school remodel.
- conduct research and inform the Miraloma community on best practices, by looking at STEAM programs at other elementary schools.
- work with the Miraloma faculty and After School programs to review current STEAM programs and activities and look where additional STEAM opportunities could fit into the Miraloma curriculum.
- work with the Miraloma PTA, School Site Council, Faculty and after school programs to make recommendations on how and where STEAM programs can be enhanced.
- work to identify budget requests to fill any gaps between best practices and our current STEAM activities.
- search for available grants, fundraising opportunities, corporate and community partners.
- and any other ideas from the community!
We are looking for a Co-chair and for involvement from those who have an interest in advancing our kid’s education and exposure with STEAM. Please contact us at STEAM@miralomasf.com if you are interested in enhancing STEAM education and enrichment at Miraloma, work in a technology or science based field, and/or have connections to any of the many STEAM based companies in the Bay Area.